Innova 5210: Controls and Indicators
To guide you on the definitions for the different controls and indicators on the Innova 5210.
Innova 5210 Controls and Indicators
1. ERASE button - This button will help erase Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Freeze Frame data from the vehicle’s computer while resetting your Monitor status.
2. SYSTEM MENU button – This button will display the System Menu showing your list of scan options.
3. DTC/FF button - This button will help you redisplay your Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from your most recent scan while also allowing you to scroll through your DTCs when pressed repeatedly.
4. LINK button - While connected to your vehicle, this button will allow you to reconnect to your vehicle's Powertrain Control Module.
5. MENU button – This button will display the tool's Main Menu.
6. LD button – This button will allow you to view Live Data while linked to your vehicle.
7. ▲ UP button – This button will allow you to scroll up through your Menu options to display additional data from your current screen while in MENU mode.
8. ↵ ENTER button - This button will confirm your selected option or value while in MENU mode.
9. ▼ DOWN button - This button will allow you to scroll down through your Menu options to display additional data from your current screen while in MENU mode.
10. GREEN LED - Indicates that all engine systems are running normally, that all Monitors on the vehicle are active, and that the vehicle has already performed its diagnostic testing. DTCs should not be present while this LED light is turned on.
11. YELLOW LED - Indicates that there is a possible problem, that a 'Pending' DTC is present, and/or some of the vehicle’s emission monitors have not run their diagnostic testing.
12. RED LED - Indicates that DTC(s) are present and that there is a problem in one or more of the vehicle’s systems. In this case, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp, or Check Engine Light, on the vehicle’s instrument panel will turn on.
13. Display - The Color LCD display will show menus, submenus, test results, Scan Tool functions, and Monitor status information. See Display Functions for more information on the different icons and labels.