What is a Module Scan? What are the benefits?
The Module Scan allows you to scan all your vehicles modules at once or individually. For example, if you want to know what’s wrong with your air conditioning system or instrument cluster, this feature will allow you to scan those modules, and provide a diagnostic trouble code, if there is indeed an issue with one of those systems. Our Innova scanners that support the Module Scan feature are able to pull OEM codes from the vehicle, then define it with a brief description. These codes can also be erased from the vehicle.
This is the Innova 5410 showing Module Selection options. 4 different modules appear on the display screen, but there are a total of 39 individual modules all together that can be viewed and scanned.
Note: Depending on the year, make, model, and engine size of vehicle, the amount of modules supported will vary.
- Scan more than just check engine issues. Scan OEM systems such as ABS/Traction Control, Suspension, TPMS, SRS, Body Control Module, Transmission, HVAC, Parking Aid Module, & much more.
- You can even customize the Module Scan by selecting what specific modules you want to see instead of waiting through an entire scan of the vehicle.
- Scan all systems in your vehicle to understand which systems have codes.
- Look at specific codes for specific modules - Get it defined.
- Erases the code(s).
- Use the free RS2 app to tell you what replacement parts are needed.
- Fix the issue on your own or schedule an appointment with a local repair shop with RepairPal through the RS2 app.