What is a Check Engine Light? How will an Innova scan tool help me?
What is a Check Engine Light?
The Check Engine Light, also called the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), is the most common dashboard light, and it can turn on for a multitude of reasons. If the check engine light comes on, this means your OBD2 system detected a malfunction in the ignition, fuel, or exhaust systems. All check engine codes are emission related.
Check engine lights come in orange, yellow or amber, depending on the manufacturer. If the light begins flashing, however, it indicates a more serious problem, such as a misfire that can quickly overheat the catalytic converter. Using an Innova scan tool to read the check engine light will let you know the severity of the diagnostic trouble codes stored in a vehicle's PCM (Powertrain Control Module).
- Knowing why your check engine light is on, and what the diagnostic trouble code(s) mean.
- Tells you the severity and effect the check engine light codes have on your vehicle.
- Get real solutions for your car’s check engine light. Find the problem, buy the parts, and erase your check engine light with ease.
- Peace of mind knowing the Innova scan tool will help you resolve the check engine issue.
- You see a check engine light appears on your dashboard.
- You don’t know why it appeared and how it’ll affect your car’s performance.
- You plug in your Innova scan tool to find out the problem.
- Also, it gives you why it appeared, and the parts necessary to fix it through the free RS2 app.
- You can either fix it yourself or buy the required parts.
- After you fix it, you erase the check engine light along with the diagnostic trouble code.
- Schedule an appointment to take your vehicle into a local repair shop with RepairPal in the free RS2 companion app.